About Dr. Arrach:
Dr. Nabil Arrach has 20 years of research experience in molecular genetics, both in preclinical and clinical settings. He has worked at several prestigious research centers, including the University of California, Berkeley, Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute and the University of California, Irvine, and has numerous high impact publications and a successful record in grant funding. Dr. Arrach is the co-founder of Progenesis located in La Jolla, CA, the world leader in next generation sequencing technology for embryo testing. Dr. Arrach was the first scientist to optimize and validate next generation sequencing for PGS and PGD. He continues to work on new emerging fields in IVF including spent media testing. Dr. Arrach holds a Ph.D. in Molecular and Cellular Biology. Under Dr. Arrach’s guidance, Progenesis stands at the forefront of NGS research technology; it is the only company to offer PGD using next generation sequencing.
“Next Generation Sequencing technology is a fast moving field in medicine, and reproductive medicine in particular. My interest is to develop and utilize cutting edge technology to further our understanding of embryo development. My goal is to improve the detection of genetic conditions in embryos, while optimizing the implantation and pregnancy rate.” -Dr. Nabil Arrach, Ph.D, MBA
Dr. Arrach’s recent research contributions:
1. Pushing the limits of detection: investigation of cell-free DNA for aneuploidy screening in embryos. Ho JR, Arrach N, Rhodes-Long K, Ahmady A, Ingles S, Chung K, Bendikson KA, Paulson RJ, McGinnis LK. Fertil Steril. 2018 Aug;110(3):467-475.e2. doi: 10.1016/j.fertnstert.2018.03.036. Epub 2018 Jun 28.
2. Blastulation timing is associated with differential mitochondrial content in euploid embryos. Ho JR, Arrach N, Rhodes-Long K, Salem W, McGinnis LK, Chung K, Bendikson KA, Paulson RJ, Ahmady A. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2018 Apr;35(4):711-720. doi: 10.1007/s10815-018-1113-9. Epub 2018 Jan 20. PMID: 29353449
3. Reducing the burden of genetic diseases via IVF and preimplantation genetic diagnosis. Nabil Arrach, Ph.D. Key note speaker, The 4th World Congress on Human Genetics & Genetic Diseases.
4. Gestational surrogacy and the role of routine embryo screening: Current challenges and future directions for preimplantation genetic testing. Sills ES,
Anderson RE, McCaffrey M, Li X, Arrach N, Wood SH. Birth Defects Res C Embryo Today. 2016 Mar;108(1):98-102. doi: 10.1002/bdrc.21112. Epub 2015 Nov23. Review. PMID: 265982
5. Nabil Arrach . DETECTION OF SEX CHROMOSOME ABNORMALITIES: ARRAY CGH VS NEXT GENERATION SEQUENCING. ASRM 70th
Annual meeting, Hawaii, 2014
6. Nabil Arrach. ASSESSMENT OF NEXT GENERATION SEQUENCING FOR PREIMPLANTATION GENETIC SCREENING. ASRM 70th Annual
meeting, Hawaii, 2014